General discussion

404 errors when accessing Public Folders

By Tim Marshall - Houston ·
When I try to access some of my public folders from Outlook I get a 404 - Page Not Found error. It does not happen on every page but it does on a lot, I really don't see a pattern to it. When I try to access the same PF's in OWA I can access them fine. What could the problem be or where is a good place to start looking at this problem. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to 404 errors when accessing ...

According to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q247936, "Error Message Accessing Outlook Web Access: HTTP 404 Not Found"

Cause:
This behavior may occur if the IP address of the OWA computer has been assigned to a Web site other than the default Web site. Remote OWA clients are incorrectly directed when they try to find the Exchange virtual root.

Resolution:
In Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) Manager, open the properties on the default Web site, and in the IP Address list, click the IP address of this server. You will receive the message "Duplicate name exists" if this IP address has been assigned to another Web site. You will need to set that Web site's address to (All Unassigned), and then set the default Web site to the IP address. After you stop and restart the default Web site, attempt to use OWA again.

Source & Link:
http://tinyurl.com/40sq

Collapse -

Thanks for responding, but I'm not having a problem with OWA accessing the PF's, the problem is with Outlook accessing the PF's.

Collapse -

by henrywi In reply to 404 errors when accessing ...

do you have a fire-wall? if you do you have to open the appropiated port for it,

and see if you have the right settings on your outlook mail

Collapse -

It turned out to be the directory where the link was stored was deleted.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)