Question

550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com requires valid sender domain

By TDWay ·
on a few ocations I am receiving an error message as follows
550 [PERMFAIL] xxxxxxxx.com requires valid sender domain
what exactley is this saying?
I'm sending from xxxxxxx@comcast.net, is comcast.net not a valid sender domain?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Mail error

by IC-IT In reply to 550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com r ...

A few things may cause this. Verify that your email client's configuration for send and receive are correct.
Are you sending from a web server?

Collapse -

could you clarify the situation

by DownRightTired In reply to 550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com r ...

are you recieving this error when you try to send an email from your comcast account?
Or are you running a mail server and getting this error?

Collapse -

550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com requires valid sender domain

by TDWay In reply to could you clarify the sit ...

I am receiving this error when I send an email to a friend on a defrient domain, I'm not sure if this in being sent from (Comcast.net mail server this is my domain) or from wilscot.com mailserver (the recipes domain). btw I am using MS Outlook 2002, and this is the only email address I'm having any trouble with.

Collapse -

Only one addressee

by IC-IT In reply to 550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com r ...

You are only getting the failed message from the one person and only occassionaly?

Then the message should read;
550 [PERMFAIL] wilscot.com requires valid sender domain

If this is the case, go to office updates and install all the updates. After that do it again until there are no more Outlook updates available. There is a fix for Outlook 2002 that requires Office SP2 to be installed first.

Collapse -

Probably DNS problem

by DownRightTired In reply to 550 [PERMFAIL] XXXX.com r ...

So you are running your own mail server then? Check w/ your DNS registrar to see if they support reverse dns lookups. Alot of mail servers use an anti-spam technique that will look up your IP to see if it matches your domain name. Theres alot of registrars that dont support this kind of lookup (and dont tell you!).

I found this out when I came into the company I work for now, and was asked to set up a mail server. AOL is one major one that does this. The way I got around the problem, rather than trying to change registrars, there are companys that offer mail forwarding for pretty cheap.
I use dnsexit.com. So any mail that doesnt pass this test is forwarded through dnsexit.com which passes the test.

Collapse -

oops

by DownRightTired In reply to Probably DNS problem

just realize you said your using outlook, for some reason I was thinking u said Exchange.

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)