General discussion

5.7.1 error on Exchange 2000

By James Schroer ·
I have two regular users that are trying to send an e-mail to a person outside of the office and they are getting this error seen below...

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<spvg-exg1.spvg.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused>

They have tried multiple times and continue to get this error. BUT when I try (the Administrator) I can send to this outside person just fine. Is this something wrong on my end or their end? If it's on my end where can I fix this.

So far everythin I've found on MS site has to do with everyone getting this error. HELP. thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by stryker In reply to 5.7.1 error on Exchange 2 ...

take a look the recipient policy...i would suggest that you do not use the automatic update recepient policy.
Uncheck the box both in the recipient update policies and the users email recipient policy properties.

I always suggest to e-mail administrators to manually go to all email accounts and check for errors in users email recipient policies.

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to

Where do you find the recipient Policies? I can't seem to locate what you are talking about.

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to 5.7.1 error on Exchange 2 ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by stryker In reply to 5.7.1 error on Exchange 2 ...

Start the Exchange System Manager and expand the Recipients node in the left pane.
Right-click the Recipient Policies node if you want to first add a new recipient policy.
Expand the Recipient Policies node.
In the right pane, double-click the recipient policy that you want to modify. The Properties page for that recipient policy will be displayed.

The rest should be straightforward

the next step is go to the properties of the users with the problem, go to the e-mail tab, check that the policy is the default.
eg.
@domain.com (<<default is hi-lighted>&gt

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to 5.7.1 error on Exchange 2 ...

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

5.7.1 error on exchange 2000

by bibomaria In reply to 5.7.1 error on Exchange 2 ...

Hi !

A computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server can be configured as a mail relay. Therefore, mail that is sent to another domain or from another domain can be forwarded to the destination by your Exchange computer. However, some issues may occur if your Exchange computer or an account on your Exchange computer is configured as an open mail relay. Additionally, some issues may occur if the mail relay is not correctly configured. after that if you are facing problem you can use a software. you can find a software at:: http://www.repairexchange.net

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)