General discussion

9" mono on 915 chipset?

By NQBEST ·
i find some strange thing about this intel motherboard 915chipset, when we use our 9" mono (for POS) in a built-in vga 915chipset, it's over range, but when i connect to other vga card like ati or gforce video card, it's not having over range problem, all same resolution at 800x600@60hz.
do anyone knows whats in this 915 chipset?
the 9" monitor has a specs of freq at 31.5-35.5khz (non-interlaces)

btw, i only have 50techpoints available so im giving this questions for 50points but how can i increase this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to 9" mono on 915 chipset?

To earn more Tech Points, rate the answers to questions you have asked and close the questions.

The last time I checked, there was a 1000 point "reward" for closing a question.

As to your monitor issue, I suspect that the on-board video or driver does not support the correct refresh rate for your 9" monitor.

Check with the board manufacture for a BIOS update, and verify with Intel that you are using the latest driver for the chip-set and video processor.

Even the latest drivers may not support the refresh rate required by your monitor. If a video card works, stick with it.

Chas

Collapse -

by NQBEST In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to 9" mono on 915 chipset?

If this is a 1 off then I would stick to another Video Card as Chas has suggested but if you have other units that work OK with this type of monitor and this one doesn't then I would hazard a guess that it's the Video On Board Chip that is the problem here. the 915 Chip Set Boards are getting on a bit now so I doubt that it's still UG so you don't have much option about what to do but if the supplier still has the unit Under Guarantee return it as fast as possible to get a replacement M'Board.

As you didn't mention the Make, Model of the M'Board it's a bit hard to say and I would tend to agree with Chas here the most likely problem is that the Video Chip doesn't support the refresh rates required.

So if this is a 1 off thing I would just use the add in video card that works and if it's no longer UG use the video card but if it's UG Return it As Soon As Possible to be repaired. You don't want to find yourself in the position of having any POS device totally fail as it's going to adversely impact on you.

Col

Collapse -

by NQBEST In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by NQBEST In reply to 9" mono on 915 chipset?

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)