General discussion

A problem with GeForce2 MX400 + tv-out

By cito ·
I bought a geforce2 mx400 with tv-out.
My problem is dat i can produce no colour on the tv. I see my desktop but in black/white.
Could it be the cable? Can you help me fix this problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to A problem with GeForce2 M ...

I don't believe that the cable is loosing the color signal.

I would first verify that you are connecting to the correct format (protocol) video jack on the TV.

Some TVs have discreate video connections, one of which when connected to a composite video source will produce a poor black & white image.

Another possability, is that the video out on the card is "S-Video" and your TV input is composite video. (or vis-versa) This can produce a similar problem.

If you can provide the make and specific model of both the video card, and the TV, it may be possible to verify the correct jacks and settings to use.

Collapse -

by cito In reply to A problem with GeForce2 M ...

TV = Samsung Hitron black, 3 years old,
model TV = CB-20P30BT, 50Hz.

Cable = Scart - S VHS / 3.5mm, male-male, VL6705

Video cart = GeForce2 MX/MX 400, AGP, biosver.3.11.01.43,
IRQ 10, TV encoder Chrontel 7007, driverver.4.13.01.2185

TheTV is 50Hz, the monitor is put on 60Hz, can this cause problems?

If you need more settings please let me know.

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to A problem with GeForce2 M ...

I would expect no picture at all in the 50 / 60 hz is the problem.

I was at Chrontel's site, and they do not list software support for the Nvidia chips.
However, one thought did come to mind there. Do you have the TV out decoder set to the correct video mode (ntsc, PAL-X) for your TV? If the video mode is wrong, it could account for the problem.

Samsungs site was no help, as they only listed information for current models.

You might also want to double check with the actual mfg of the card (GeForce is the name of the Nvidia chipset on the card) as to if they have full support for your video mode.

Since you are using an S-video connection, it wouldn't hurt to try a different cable. It is possible that a line is crossed, or open.

Chas

Collapse -

by richard_barsby In reply to A problem with GeForce2 M ...

Hi have you chosen the correct colour system ie for UK you need PAL & for USA you need NTSC a lot of newer TV's will lock on both 50 & 60 Hz as the horizontal freq is so close and most modern chipsets for the vertical auto adjust for 50/60 Hz operation therefore with the wrong setting you will have a monochrome picture.

Hope this helps

Rich

Collapse -

by cito In reply to A problem with GeForce2 M ...

I think i have tried all possible colour schemes, PAL-B, PAL-G, NTSC all with the same result.

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums