General discussion

About Active Directory in windows 2000

By ask_anurag ·
Hi,
I Have w2k adv. server and i installed active directory in it.I created two users in it.One is domain user and second one is enterprise admin.I am a administrator but when i try to set local security policy or domain security policy it gives meerror that u don't have permission for it Access Denied second when i try to login with new accounts it gives me error that u don't have profile and it's logged out i can't enter through new accounts.How to solve it.
Regards.

Anurag.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to About Active Directory in ...

. By default, Active Directory creates an admin account. You don't have to create your own. Try loggin in using the user name "administrator" with the password you set. [you can change the name of the administrator account[highly recommended, via the domain security policy on the local domain controller]. Also, Active Directory creates a set of default accounts that you assign to users based on that users needs. Those accounts are: administrator, power user, user, backup operators,guests, [humm, I think I missed one]. You can create your own accounts and assign the preset permissions by assigning those accounts the permission levels of these groups.

Collapse -

by ask_anurag In reply to About Active Directory in ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by ShaunJanzen In reply to About Active Directory in ...

The easisest way around this is to log in as the default administrator. Create a copy of the administrator account and give it a name that is appropriate for you.

By creating a copy you automatically give the new user all the access of the user that you have copied, therefore insuring you are a member of all the groups and have all the security rights that you need to administer the system.

Shaun

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)