General discussion

Access 2000 and Visual Basic

By trivandrum ·
As iam developing a software for and internet cafe, iam using VB6 and access 2000. I have developed the whole system as multiuser system. Some time i get an error message stating that "Adodc1 in system1 has placed the database in such state that it cannot be modified or updated". Iam using dynamic locks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 and Visual Basic

by Limbo In reply to Access 2000 and Visual Ba ...

You are attempting to update, insert, or delete within the Access DB, when it has obvioulsy been placed under lock contraints.

Although the Adodc component property which dictates lock level may be set at design time, check it at runtime (just above the failure point).

Even if it is set to 'dynamic locks', the isolation level on the datapage can be dictated solely by the database itself. This is more difficult to target.

Also make sure that any previous transactions affecting the datapage you wish to work on have completed.

Depending on the design and complexity of your database, this may not actually be the case, even if the client layer tells you so.

But, i'm afraid Locks are an inherent part of Databases. They are supposed to happen.

Given this, an RDBMS like SQL Server or Oracle provides the additional functionality required to manage locks effectively.

Back to Web Development Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)