General discussion

Access 2000 date and time error on NT4

By Adisha ·
I am trying to set default field values in a database I am creating to current date and time using the built in '=date()' and '=time()' functions respectively.

This works fine on Windows 98, but when I take use the database on an NT4 workstation machine I get the following error: Error in date and time fields and none of the datatypes in the table design view can be saved.

Can anybody tell me if this is a known bug in Access 2000? If so, how can it be remedied?

Many thanks for your help in Advance

IT Guru

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by donq In reply to Access 2000 date and time ...

I use Access 2000 on NT Workstation and NT Server + Win95 & 98 without a problem BUT I set my defaults in the Tables using Now(), Date(), and/or Time() without the leading "=" (equal sign) because I'm not building an expression, just setting a default.

Every Data Type can be saved and all date and time fields are of data type "Date/Time"

Then you can set the Format field to whatever you want or create a special here???

Hope this helps - Don Quigg

Collapse -

by Adisha In reply to Access 2000 date and time ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Michael2 In reply to Access 2000 date and time ...

Hi
Sounds like an international settings problem. Check that the (date and time) settings on your NT4 box are the same format as win98. Been burned with this one last year. You can remedy it by carefully formatting the what is returned from date.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Web Development Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)