General discussion

Access 2000: Multiple values

By sivota ·
I want to enter multiple values in a field using check boxes on an existing form. Can I do this without creating a new table or subform?
Please help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sl-campbell In reply to Access 2000: Multiple val ...

I you are using bound controls then the best way would be to use unbound checkbox controls, and add a hidden text box that is bound to the field in question. Then on the click events of each check box, find the values of each check box and string them together and place the value of the string into the bound check box. In the form's Current event you would then need to extract the values from the hidden text box and update the values of the check boxes accordingly. You would need to develop youown strategy of how the data is stored in the single field, and extracted, (like seperating the values with a comma and using a loop and the Mid function to extract the data - which would mean always storing the data in the exact same pattern).
If there are only a couple of check boxes, then you may consider adding new fields to the table, one for each check box, or, if there are alot of check boxes, then create a seperate table, liknking it to the main table via a Primary and a foreign key. You could then chenge the query that gets the data to a inner join.

Collapse -

by sivota In reply to Access 2000: Multiple val ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by sivota In reply to Access 2000: Multiple val ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Web Development Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums