General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Access 2000 problem exporting to Excel

by mike.brooks ·

Working on Access 97 I used to export a particular report to Excel by right clicking on the Print Preview screen and exporting to Excel. The report in question had ‘Totals’ and these would also get exported to Excel correctly.

I have converted the database in question to Access 2000 and am now having a problem: –

When I run the report there is no longer a right click option to export – this is now covered by the Analyse with Excel export option – However, I am finding that although my data in question comes across okay, the Totals within the Access spreadsheet do not come across.

Can anyone help?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by mslizny ·

In reply to Access 2000 problem exporting to Excel

I do not get the same options you do when I right-click on the print preview window of a report. The “Export … ” choice is there, and the “Export Report (Name) to …” window appears. All that is necessary is to choose the “Save As type” Excel instead of the default Access .mdb format.

I have checked the “Options” in the Tools menu, and I do not see anything that should make this change in the way Access 2000 works. Is there any possibility that something in the installation was different than the Standard full installation?

by mike.brooks ·

Sorry, I was wrong I also have the export option, however the problem still remains in that totals on the Access report do not get exported to Excel.

by garlin ·

When you export, there is an option to export formatted or unformatted. The formatted option exports more or less the way you see it in Access – I would try that.

by mike.brooks ·

Yes I can see the formatted and unformatted, but in my install when exporting to Excel this option is greyed out. I cannot adjust it.

by ann777 ·

Make sure that both Excel and Access have the appropirate Add-Ins installed…. usually under the Tools –> Add-Ins option. When you upgraded these might have been turned off.

by mike.brooks ·

Access has no add-ins that I can install, Excel has many Add-ins, but which one would I need? I think I will re-post this with more points at stake at some time in the near future.

by mike.brooks ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads