General discussion

Access 2000 vs Access 97

By teresa.conrad ·
We recently upgraded our entire network to Office 2000. I have a few Access databases that will not open at all. I cannot get the option to convert or open, I just receive the error " the current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database." I asked the users that used this database if there was a password, they all say no. I have access to the network files and I receive the same error. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

by donq In reply to Access 2000 vs Access 97

As long as you have the Libraries loaded that were used in Access 97 to create the .mdb files everything should work??? A work-around might be:

1. Open and name a new blank 2000 database.

2. In the Database Window right click the Tables tab and click "Import". When the Import Window opens navigate to one of your Access 97 .mdb files and double click on it.

3. After the Import Objects Window opens click "Select All" under each tab containing objects.

Good Luck and repeat the process for each 97 file.

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

by teresa.conrad In reply to Access 2000 vs Access 97

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

by Glen_McLeod In reply to Access 2000 vs Access 97

This sounds like a security problem to me. Check the original shotcuts' command lines for references to a workgroup file and usernames/passwords.

Glen

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

by Glen_McLeod In reply to Access 2000 vs Access 97

This sounds like a security issue to me, like certain DBs were linked to workgroup files with the login information in the shortcuts. Check for workgroup information in the command lines of the original users' shortcuts.

Glen

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000 vs Access 97

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)