General discussion

Access 2003 Form Design Wizards

By binduau ·
Hi everyone,
I've come across a problem with Access 2003 whereby the machine we installed it onto originally had office XP installed. Office xp was not uninstalled when we installed office 2003... so we allowed the upgrade option/custom/run all from My Computer etc..

From that point on an invalid add-in entry for every wizard shows up when we switch to design mode in any form. The form then opens in design mode but no wizardss work. You can continue working in design with no problems though.

I've never seen this message in 12 years of programming in access so i don't know if it would be repeatable on another machine; i am not going to corrupt another machine to find out. It would be good if we could upload an image of the message box..

Steps we've tried to no avail are:
1. We've unistalled ALL of office and re-installed.
2. We've replaced the wizard files from a working version of office. ACWZLIB.MDE, ACWZMAIN.MDE, ACWZTOOL.MDE
3. We've installed minimum files.
4. We've installed office from another CD.
5. We've deleted the cached office files stored in MSOCache before re-installation.
6. we Unistalled then went to the registry and deleted the Office sections which are not removed when you uninstall.
7. we imported the office settings from a working access version on another computer into the registry of the non-working office version on the PC..
8. We unistalled AVG viruscan and re-installed everything.
9. we tried various switches on the office setup command line.. But no cigar.
10. We've installed the latest patches etc and service packs. and tried again.

Frankly there seems to be no-one that has come accross this yet as we cannot find even a hint of it on the NET ... I suspect it is a DLL an ocx or tlb file left over from office XP that is the culprit but i am damned if i know which one!

Any suggestions would be great.

Best regards

Steven Renoir
Systems Admin ABC brick

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Software Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)