Question

Access 2007 Error, NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE

By lavoier ·
Good Morning,

I am having an issue, each and everytime I open my Access Database. The database was working prior to the conversion of the 2003 to 2007 Microsoft Office. when we converted in my office, it worked for about two months, then a message began showing up...

"Microsoft Office Access has detected that this database is in an inconsistent state, and will attempt to recover the database. During this process, a backup copy of the database will be made and all recovered objects will be placed in a new database. Access will then open a new database. The names of objects that were not successfully recovered will be logged in the 'Recovery Table'.

If someone knows what is happening to my system and how I can correct this in a way that will not let this occur again, PLEASE I"M BEGGING! I need this database for every day work....

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

19 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

More info here for you....

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

HELP on Access 2007 Error Message

by lavoier In reply to More info here for you... ...

HI,
Sorry but I already knew that stuff and it didn't really assist me in determining the underlying issue I am having with Access. I can not open my database without getting the error message that my file is in an inconsistent state and that its creating a backup.

Collapse -

Read my latest post..

Collapse -

Convert an Access 2000 or Access 2002 - 2003 database

To convert an Access 2000 or Access 2002 - 2003 database (.mdb) to the Access 2007 file format (.accdb), you must first open the database in Access 2007 and then save it in the .accdb file format.

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, and then click Open.
2. In the Open dialog box, select and open the database that you want to convert.

Note If the Database Enhancement dialog box appears, the database is using a file format that is earlier than Access 2000. To continue, see one of the sections that follows: Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
3. Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.

If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
4. In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.

Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Convert an Access 2.0 database

You can import tables, queries, and macros from an Access 2.0 database (.mdb) into an Office Access 2007 database (.accdb). You cannot, however, convert an Access 2.0 database to the Access 2007 file format by using Access 2007. To import forms, reports, or modules into an Access 2007 database, you first convert the database by using an earlier version of Access, then open the converted database using Access 2007, and then convert the database into an Access 2007 database. The following procedure explains these steps:

1. Open the database in Access 2000, Access 2002, or Access 2003.
2. Save the database in either the Access 2000 or Access 2002 - 2003 format.
3. Open the database in Access 2007.
4. Convert the database into an Access 2007 database.

Import an Access 2.0 database into an Access 2007 file

If you use an existing database in the Access 2.0 format (.mdb), you can import tables, queries, and macros from that database into a Microsoft Office Access 2007 database (.accdb).

To import forms, reports, or modules into Office Access 2007, you must first convert the database by using an earlier version of Access, open the database in Access 2007, and then convert the database into the Access 2007 database format.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102066241033.aspx

Collapse -

CONVERT

by lavoier In reply to Convert an Access 2000 or ...

We had done this already when we implimented the new Microsoft Office 2007 program into our systems. We did this with out Access Training Technician. However, this person as well as several others we've contacted have no idea whats wrong with our databases. Its not an issue of the conversion, its a issue with the message that we're receiving. We can not open the database without this message coming up. We have several other databases that we converted which are not creating a problem, just this one, and its our largest.

Collapse -

Ok, first i need to know WHAT you had done, step by step ..

I will be able to pick up your issue if you give the lay out of what happened before and after.
I am going through my library trying to workout you issue from your post, but i need the Above info.

Collapse -

Step By Step

by lavoier In reply to Ok, first i need to know ...

1. implimented 2007 office programs....converted properly from 2003
2. opened files to make sure working correctly
3. began using databases and entering information
4. database A (one in question) began to cause problems, creating own backups and opening in new database with recovered entries on seperate table
5. went through manage in Office button, selected compact & repair to correct problem
6. issue still persisting and message still popping up causing database to crash and screen to go blank with #### in all cells

I hope this will help as we are finding it difficult to work

Collapse -

Right first off...

1). Make sure ALL users CLOSE the database, and then you open the database you want to compact and repair.

2). Click the OFFICE button, and then point to MANAGE.

3). Click Compact And Repair Database.

Have you done and gone through the above?.

Collapse -

Compact & Repair

by lavoier In reply to Right first off...

Yes, when the database crashes, everyone using it, gets out. We move the backup which Access created into a seperate file folder on our network drive. Then one person does a compact & repair. Once its been completed, they notify the others that its been done and they can go back in and use it again. However, its still crashing and creating backups.

Collapse -

Make sure that your people are doing this...

If they need the backup copy of the database they can use the OPEN button to restore and view the data.

Back to Software Forum
19 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next