Question

Access 2007 stops opening

By mathewss ·
I'm trying to restore Access 2007 database because when I open it I get the message "Not a Valid Bookmark" and the database is no longer open. I tried Compact and Repair but again received the same. I tried to do import from corrupted database to the new database but it was interrupted with error. Using Excel and MS Query also didn't work.
I have the opportunity to restore from backup but it is a little earlier than I need so I want to try to recover. Is there a way to recover? If that doesn't work I would restore from backup.
I compact it weekly. It is used by all 10 employees to track their time and prepare billing statements. The database file is stored on a SBS 2007 server and accessed by each user from their computers using Office 2007.
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

by mathewss In reply to Access 2007 stops opening

what do I do? any ideas? I would be grateful for any advice.

Collapse -

Access 2007

by mageee In reply to 2007

When you open the MDB, hold down the Shift key until the MDB is completely open ... and see if you still get the message. This will bypass any startup code that may be running.

Then, open the VBA editor and from the menu Debug>>Compile and see if any errors turn up.

Collapse -

Access

by mathewss In reply to Access 2007 stops opening

Sorry... Still get the same error message.

Collapse -

Access 2007

by mageee In reply to Access

Try creating an new MDB, then import in all the objects from the problem mdb. If that doesn't work, Well, I would at this point suggest a repair service
https://onlinefile.repair/en/access.html

Collapse -

Access 2007

by mageee In reply to Access 2007

Or you can try this one of the best services https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/access-repair-online.html

Collapse -

Access 2007

by mathewss In reply to Access 2007

Thank you very much for the help! will do everything as you said

Collapse -

repair access 2007 database

by ronan.kirkpatrick In reply to Access 2007

I used this online service for repair access 2007 database.
I was very pleased with them.

Back to Tips and Tricks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)