General discussion

Access 97/2000

By LungRipper ·
I need to run access 97 & access 2000 on the same PC with a 98se OS.The issue I'm having is everytime I open access 2000 the window installer runs !! Is there a way to aviod this happening access 97 opens just fine

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Nothing New

by clwclark In reply to Access 97/2000

When you install the Access 2000 you have some choices, whether to run the entire program from your local drive or to run specific componets. It seems that you selected to run from the local drive. For some reson microsoft decided to load the componets you need after the install, place the installation cd in the drive let install shield install the componets access is asking for and you won't get the message again,,,,untinl you try to use another part of the program that has not been intalledyet :-), thans Bill

Collapse -

here's the solution ... & it works

by ArthurP In reply to Access 97/2000

Hiya,
the solution is to install Office / Access 2000, first using the customised installation, as this will alter any links & dll's that have already been installed.

Once you have completed the set-up of Access 2000, you will then need to install Access 97.

Again you will need to choose the customised installation, ensuring that you place Access 97 into it's own directory, (c:\programs\MS Access 97 - is the one that I use).

This will allow both systems to work. however, because all Office 97 shortcuts within the menu bar will be over-written by O2K, you will need to add any O97 short-cuts manually.

I'm not sure whether you know about this ...
If you alter and save a 97 MDB with Access 2000 you will not be able to open it again with 97, as Access 2000 is not legacy compliant.

Although a little long winded this may help
MSQ Q241141 - Access 2000 on the Same Computer

Hopefully with will help ..
Arthur

Collapse -

Here's the "official" fix from Microsux

by Soylantgreen In reply to Access 97/2000

Here's a link to your problem from Microsoft's Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q241141

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)