General discussion

Access 97 Error 3045

By ROGER.PITISS ·
I have an Access 97 database that will not open. I receive an error 3045 indicating that the database has been opened for exclusive use by another but nothing else I'm aware of is using the database. Possible that someone opened the database but did not close it before exiting... I can't delete, remove or rename the file either or I would simply replace it with a fresh copy. Any suggestions on how I can replace or repair this would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by techrep In reply to Access 97 Error 3045

Look in the directory where the Access database is located for a file with the .LDB extension that has the same name as the database. That file contains sharing information. It is probably locked up, and you need to delete it. However, because the operating system thinks it is in use, you probably can't delete it.

You didn't say whether the database is on an individual PC or a network server. If on a single PC, reboot into "safe mode", then delete the .LDB file. If on a network server, you could reboot server without going into safe mode as that should break any locks. If you can't conveniently reboot, ask you network administrator to use the tools available to him as the administrator to delete the .LDB file. These tools will vary with each operating system but the admin should know how to use them.

Collapse -

by Q2Ggirl In reply to Access 97 Error 3045

Run a repair on the database. That usual works everytime.

Also, the particular table in the database you are trying to access could be corrupt. Go through and find the table you need, clear out the symbols because that is usally what will appear and then run the repir. It should work fine.

By the way, the repair tool is in Access under Tools\Database Utilities.

Collapse -

by techrep In reply to Access 97 Error 3045

RE: Run a repair on the database. That usual works everytime.
-------------------------------------------
It is obvious that he can't repair the database because it is locked exclusively, and he can't get it open.

Back to Web Development Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)