General discussion

Access 97 & Win2000 - CPU pegged at 100%

By dfloyd ·
I am running Win2000 and when I open Access 97 the CPU jumps to 100%. The msaccess.exe process takes all available CPU time for some reason. It happens on Win2000 Server and Pro. I open the Task Manager and sort by CPU so I can monitor the msaccess.exe process. When I then open Access the process pegs the processor. If I open a menu box like Tools or File Open, the process reverts back to using very little CPU. When I close the menu/dialog box, the process jumps back to the top.
I haveinstalled Win2000 SP1, Office 97 SP1&2, and ran the Win2000 Compatibility script which is supposed to fix issues with Access97.
I have tried changing settings in Tools/Option but to no avail. I would appreciate any help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by IDtenT In reply to Access 97 & Win2000 - CPU ...

Is everything local? - I have noticed comparible issues with office applications opening files on a network - also clean out the documents folder off the start menu. just some thoughts. hope it helps a little.

Collapse -

by dfloyd In reply to Access 97 & Win2000 - CPU ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Just wanting to know, which speed CPU are you running? any other TSR's running? what kind of baseline do you have?? How much memory?

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)