General discussion

Access App And Novell 4.83 Sp2

By Brian ·
I have applied 4.83 sp2 client and the 327456a patch for the Novell client. The Access Apllication runs slow on the workstation side and the application provider thinks it is a Novell issue. We have windows 2000 workstations and Netware 6.0 for theserver. It is the only application that runs slow. I have tried all tweaks that ITHwo recommends and it still did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Access App And Novell 4.8 ...

Running Access on a network, especially NetWare is not a good choice. See TI Poor performance accessing Microsoft Office documents on a Novell server. - TID10065560 (last modified 06MAY2003)

An SQL type database is much better. NetWare 6.0 comes with its own Pervasive.2000i.

Collapse -

by BudTheGrey In reply to Access App And Novell 4.8 ...

There's also an issue with Access exceeding the maximum number of allowed record locks. See TID 10019363

Collapse -

by Krunch In reply to Access App And Novell 4.8 ...

As a test you might try this. Under Network Connections on your properties, go under Novell Client for Windows 2000 (even if it's xp I think it still says for Windows 2000) but then go to the Protocol Preferences tab and select IPX as the preferredprotocol.

I've tried this with varying degrees of success, sometimes it works, soemtimes it does not. If it does not, go back and select IP as the preferred preference.

Cheers,

Sullie

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)