General discussion

Access2000question

By honey ·
Hi everyone! I have a question within Access 2000. I'm fairly new at this so this may be an easy one. I have created a table. Within this table I have a field "date" and another field "expires". What I want to do for the "expires" field, is have access automatically input the date. The date should be 183 days from the "date" field. I have tried lots of things and nothing seems to work for me so any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

It Depends on How You're Doing It

by JDG In reply to Access2000question

If you are updating the table values using a defined Access form, there are several ways to auto-update a field's value based on a prior field. First is to use an "After Update" event program attached to the initial date field (by the way, "date" is NOT a valid field name in Access, since it is also a keyword). Here is a simple line of code that would update one date from another:
Me.txtCalcDate = Me.txtNewDate + 183

There are other ways, but this may be the simplest.

Collapse -

simple answer I have used

by Sparkie_IG In reply to Access2000question

okay..having worked in healthcare..managed care with suthorizations and terms of coverage etc...I came upon this one all the time.

you will create a formula for the expiers field.

it should read "183 + [table name.fieldname]
[tablename.date]

as long as you have the set up correct it works every time.

sparks

Collapse -

simple answer I have used

by Sparkie_IG In reply to Access2000question

okay..having worked in healthcare..managed care with suthorizations and terms of coverage etc...I came upon this one all the time.

you will create a formula for the expiers field.

it should read "183 + [table name.fieldname]

so using your info...
dont include this line merely to show you [tablename.date] + 183

as long as you have the set up correct it works every time.

sparks

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)