General discussion

Access2000question

By honey ·
Hi everyone! I have a question within Access 2000. I'm fairly new at this so this may be an easy one. I have created a table. Within this table I have a field "date" and another field "expires". What I want to do for the "expires" field, is have access automatically input the date. The date should be 183 days from the "date" field. I have tried lots of things and nothing seems to work for me so any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

It Depends on How You're Doing It

by JDG In reply to Access2000question

If you are updating the table values using a defined Access form, there are several ways to auto-update a field's value based on a prior field. First is to use an "After Update" event program attached to the initial date field (by the way, "date" is NOT a valid field name in Access, since it is also a keyword). Here is a simple line of code that would update one date from another:
Me.txtCalcDate = Me.txtNewDate + 183

There are other ways, but this may be the simplest.

Collapse -

simple answer I have used

by Sparkie_IG In reply to Access2000question

okay..having worked in healthcare..managed care with suthorizations and terms of coverage etc...I came upon this one all the time.

you will create a formula for the expiers field.

it should read "183 + [table name.fieldname]
[tablename.date]

as long as you have the set up correct it works every time.

sparks

Collapse -

simple answer I have used

by Sparkie_IG In reply to Access2000question

okay..having worked in healthcare..managed care with suthorizations and terms of coverage etc...I came upon this one all the time.

you will create a formula for the expiers field.

it should read "183 + [table name.fieldname]

so using your info...
dont include this line merely to show you [tablename.date] + 183

as long as you have the set up correct it works every time.

sparks