Question

Acer Aspire 5672 freezes when volume is too high?

By zack247 ·
I like to listen to music while I am working on things on my laptop, but the problem is that if I have the volume up a little past halfway my laptop freezes and the music starts skipping, it unfreezes after I press the play/pause button on the media bar (beside the keyboard) and press the volume down button repeatedly until my laptop unfreezes.

I am wondering why exactly its doing this, I have the proper audio drivers installed.

System Specs are:
-1.6GHz Intel Centrino Duo
-2Gb RAM
-WinXP Home Edition
-Windows Media Player 11
-Acer Audio drivers

Does anybody have any clues about whats going on here?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Volume issues.

by exxpl0it In reply to Acer Aspire 5672 freezes ...

Is this only happening when you turn the volume up above 50%? What happens if you use another media player such as VLC, WinAmp, etc. Check windows optional updates and see if there is another driver for your sound card. Also make sure all your normal windows updates are installed.

I am guessing this is a little older laptop, Is this something that just started happening recently? Did you just install software of any sort?

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by zack247 In reply to Volume issues.

the laptop is from 2006, i got it used so from the point where i got it i would have to say ever since i installed windows and the drivers. they are the drivers for windows xp.
i think it might just be media player, because wheneveri play games or anything i dont have any problems, but why exactly is it doing this and why only with media player?

Collapse -

Acer Aspire freezing

by reimtime In reply to Acer Aspire 5672 freezes ...

I'd check to see if it happens with headphones plugged in. If it doesn't freeze then it may be vibration from the speakers is affecting the hard drive.

Back to Smartphones Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)