General discussion

ACU 483SP2

By chris_bashlor ·
I am doing the ACU for 483SP2,
First, I have created my unattend.txt from the NCIMAN program. Does it matter where I saved it? I currently have mine saved under the i386 folder.

Second, I put yes in the acu.ini to do a unattendedfile install, I put my path to where the unattend.txt is.

Third, I create of course a group with R&F rights, then I put a script in the container I want this to run in... in the script I have it starting the ACU.exe file

My results is that I get a upgrade to the client but the other changes that I made isn't picked up from the unattend.txt file.

example, none of my workstations have the "N" in the sys tray, I configured the "N" to show up in the sys tray in the NCIMAN.exe which created my file unattend.txt but when the upgrade runs it only upgrades to SP2 and I don't get the "N" in the sys trays (there are other changes that I made as well and none of those are made either) What am I doing only seems to upgrade and not update the other changes.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

ACU 483SP2

by pierrejamme In reply to ACU 483SP2

I haven't updated to SP2 yet but I had good success with the Login script for the tree using:
;REM Script to run Automatic Client Update
;REM Client 4.83 July 31 2002
WRITE "Updating NetWare Client for Windows NT"

Collapse -

by chris_bashlor In reply to ACU 483SP2

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

ACU 483SP2

by Dave70 In reply to ACU 483SP2

I have found that while you're supposed to be able to put the path to the filename and place it anywhere, it only works if the unattend.txt is in its default location.

As for number 3, we typically use setup (or setupnw) rather than acu.exe.

Collapse -

by chris_bashlor In reply to ACU 483SP2

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)