General discussion


Adapter for Firewire

By mrdbcooper ·
I am looking to find out if someone makes an adapter that can take a firewire connector and change it to a USB connector. I know USB adapters can switch to PS2, Serial, even ATA now.
So was just wondering if there was any support to go from firewire to USB.


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by caestelle In reply to Adapter for Firewire

Nowhere to be found.....I had never seen one, but went ahead and searched all my usual spots and no luck. If you find one, be sure to post back becuase I would be interested in knowing whether or not they even exist.

Collapse -

by dawnugibson In reply to Adapter for Firewire

Hello Well I did a google search and came up with a couple of sites but then I got confused as to what your wanting to do is the firewire end on the computer or on the peripheral you are wanting to connect to the computer or is it the other way around? because I came up with several solutions you could get a PCI card adapter that either has fire wire ports or usb ports or even one each here is two sites I came across one is a cable site and they have and I do mean HAVE every type of cable you can think of and the other one is a site that has a differant type if you have a SCSI port this is a good option....FIREWIRE-ULTRA SCSI CONVERTER FOR PC/MAC 2FIREWIRE PORTS/1 SCSI
OR....this one is the cables site....
Good Luck

Related Discussions

Related Forums