Question

Add 2003 Server R2 to existing 2003 SBS domain

By clooney ·
I copied this description from a 2007 Post here because it fits exactly my issues.

We have a domain based on a SBS2003 server and there's a Win2000 server running as a file server. I'm replacing the Win2000 file server with a new Win2003r2 file server (it's not running any services). I added the new machine to domain like any other computer.

Here's my problem, the new 2003r2 server is on the network and in the domain and has group policy appield to it. There seems to be a problem with security rights attached to files on the domain when accessed from the new Win2003r2 server. Things seem normal but I can not run an executable file on it when I'm logged in as the Domain Admin or (any other user on the domain). I can only run executables when logged in as the local machine admin. I've tried adding my Domain Admin user to the local machine's admin group but still can't run executables. BUT - if I download the same executable from the Internet directly to the WIN2003r2 server, I can run the executable without a problem. Any ideas? Please help.

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)