Question

Adding another Exchange 2003 SP2 to an existing 2003 SP2 Exchange domain

By mlacombe ·
I'm trying to add another Exchange server so I can migrate off mailboxes.
Original exchange = mail
2nd server = mail2

new server = mail1

I can see mail1 in the servers group from both mail and mail2, but to navigate to mail1 through System Admin Console from either of the other servers is extremely slow.

I can move a mailbox to the new server, but when trying to access the box through outlook, it times out and says the server is unavailable.

i've checked the security permissions on the server properties and everything maxes across the board.

Any thoughts?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

adding another exchange 2003 sp2

by dmanganiello In reply to Adding another Exchange 2 ...

Hi,

Look at event viewer for replication issues, and/or DNS to make sure you are communicating properly and/or RUS to make sure you have replication partners.

good luck,
-Dave

Collapse -

RE:Adding another Exchange 2003 SP2 to an existing 2003 SP2 Exchange domain

by jekbu In reply to Adding another Exchange 2 ...

I am also having this kind of issue:

we have a working Exchange 2003. the problem is, it is in a remote site. so, as a (supposedly) solution, we made another exchange server locally.

the installation went well (i guess). I was able to do mailbox transfer between mail servers.

but when i tried to access the mail (from the local exchange server)on outlook, it says: Server Unavailable.

i didnt modify any settings on the 1st exchange server. does routing group has to do anything about it? do i have to configure it? is it suppose to be an automatic thing?

thanks!

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums