Question

Addition of new Internet domain name in Exchange 2010

By slash11 ·
I have a customer who has Exchange 2010 Enterprise that will be making some email changes here in the near future.

Currently, their desktops are setup to send and receive email in two ways:

They can send to one another using the non-routable .local domain email.
They can send to one another and others outside of the company using their ISP-provided POP3 accounts.

This company has their own website now along with their own registered domain name. I would like to start hosting their own email on their Exchange server with the new domain name. We would like to drop the expense of the 25 POP3 accounts that they are paying extra for.

I think I can figure out how to get the email connector set up on the Exchange server for the new Internet domain name. I can call the ISP and get the MX record pointed at their server. Their website is currently hosted by an outside party, so it would only be the MX record that I would change.

I am concerned about what to do with the existing .local email setup that is currently in use in Exchange. Do you leave it, get rid of it or what? Naturally, the POP3 accounts that the desktops will be removed in time. Thanks for any insight on this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)