General discussion

adeptec cdr burner in win 2000

By markamcclendon ·
easy cd cdreator stopped working. was working fine. now i have to use yahoo or something besides media player to copy cd to cd. creator software just flickers when your in it. HELP! reloaded software for burner did not help. I even removed the cdr and cdrw and re installed. still nothing

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to adeptec cdr burner in wi ...

Since you state Adaptec Easy CD Creator, I assume that you are using an older version of this software.

If so, it is a good possibility that a Windows Update broke the Adaptec software.

The first step is to go to the Adaptec or Roxio web site and get the latest update for the specific version of Easy CD Creator you have.

If you like how Easy CD Creator works, and the update does not fix your problem, I would get a newer version. Roxio has repackaged version 6 and it retails for under $30.

You could also switch to Nero, or try one of the many free burner programs available from links at sites like www.nonags.com or www.snapfiles.com

Chas

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to adeptec cdr burner in wi ...

In addition to Chas's answer I would first uninstall Easy CD Creator Version 5 if it's the Adaptec product and reinstall it. It's possible that one of the recently released Windows Updates broke it and by reinstalling it it will fix the problem or you may need to apply the XP update to Version 5 to make it work again.

But no matter what you see when you do a reinstall the program will tell you if it can run on the system now and if it can't you'll need to start looking for a different version or make of Program to replace Adaptec Easy CD Creator Version 5 with as it's now quite old and is no longer supported by Roxio who now owns the program.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)