Software

Question

Adobe Acrobat Standard 6 - Save As error 109

By kleighdy ·
I have an XP Pro with SP2. I have Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0.

I can do Save on this Adobe, but when I do Save As, I get an error saying:
"The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109).

I can clear all registry entry for this application and re-install it, but I'm hoping that there's another way around it.

Could anyone please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Have you applied all patches?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Adobe Acrobat Standard 6 ...

Both WinXP SP2 and Acrobat 6.0 have patches that need to be applied. Have you done that? If you've patched WinXP and not Acrobat, problems follow. Acrobat v6.0 is up to v 6.0.6 (latest for that version).

Also, are you trying to save a document opened in the browser? If so, you need to click the back button, then point at the link to the PDF file, right click and choose "save target as". Some document rights will prevent doing a "save as" once it is opened in the browser.

Collapse -

patches for both are applied

by kleighdy In reply to Have you applied all patc ...

Hi. Yes, patches for both have been applied. The PDF file I'm doing a Save As on is saved in a folder in my computer already, and I just want to save it with a different name and keep the original too. I also tried saving it with the same filename but on different folder, but I got the same error. I can do a copy and paste then rename it on the windows explorer view , but I can't use the Save As function on my Adobe Acrobat because of that error.

Collapse -

Check the Properties

by IC-IT In reply to patches for both are appl ...

of the PDF. You can do this by opening it. Go to File, Document Properties, Security Tab. Sometimes the author will set security settings to prevent content copying.
Othertimes the PDF may just have a formatting error that will prevent the saving as.

Collapse -

Adobe Acrobat Standard 6 - Save As error 109

by nick_olya In reply to Adobe Acrobat Standard 6 ...

Usually 109 error related to PDF file size. For example, you have some PDF template and change its structure somehow (for example merge fields with PHP runtime) and your resulting file has same size as template you get 109 error. If you add at least 2 additional symbols (spaces) to some line - PDF willl open without problems.
Main rule for PDF creation - template and resulting PDF should not have same size. At least two symbols should be difference.

Thanks
Nick

Collapse -

zombie alert!

by PurpleSkys In reply to Adobe Acrobat Standard 6 ...

heavens, i would hope the original poster solved that issue by now...it's way over two yrs old!