General discussion

Advantages of VB 6.0 over Access 2000

By venkata.perugu ·
Could anyone answer me, the advantages of Visual Basic 6.0 over Access 2000. ( What are the added features in VB over VBA in Access)

Thanks a lot in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by john_wills In reply to Advantages of VB 6.0 over ...

I don't think it's worth much, but one feature of the VB6 screen is that one can space items evenly, which does not seem to be possible in Access.

Collapse -

by venkata.perugu In reply to Advantages of VB 6.0 over ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by sl-campbell In reply to Advantages of VB 6.0 over ...

The advantages of using VB6.0 vs Access are too many to list up here.
Access is great for single use, local desktop usage, a beginner to intermidiate programmer. But when it comes to flexibilty, advance programming techniques, Larger applications, multi user, network server scenerios, n-tier applications, creating DLLs and usage of classes, etc, etc, ACCESS is just too far lacking, tends to lead the programmer into bad programming techniques and habits, and so forth.

It depends on what you want to do. But in contrary to what some people may think, outside of reports, (in which Access is great for, but can be compesanted in VB with the use on something like Crystal reports), I can create even a simple and better application just as about as fast using VB - however, this is not true for beginners.
I still program using one or the other - it really matters what the application will be used for (Where, size, users, etc).

Collapse -

Collapse -

by carquiza In reply to Advantages of VB 6.0 over ...

Hi,

I am very new on the 2 softwares Access vs VB all I can say is simple as I view it ACCESS is much more got to do with a database type of application while the VB is much more on a customize program side where you can do a lot of things evencontrolling ACCESS itself inside VB programs. If you want me to choose I will choose VB. Hope this add up an idea.

Cheers,

Mel Arquiza
Home Page Design
http://hpd.welcome.to

Collapse -

Collapse -

by limatik In reply to Advantages of VB 6.0 over ...

Hi,

Simply put, Visual Basic (any version) is a programming language, Access (any version) is a database.

Visual Basic can be used to create applications that may or may not use databases. Access is a database that may be customized to have certain program functionalities using limited VB-like code that is VBA.

Programs created in VB are stand-alone (exe format). Translated programs created in Access still need the MS Access program/database in order to run.

You have much more flexibility in terms of programming if done in Visual Basic. VBA code (being a macro) is limited.

Cheers,
ALAS

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Web Development Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)