General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

After a virus in Windows 2000

by computab ·

I removed the virus, on a Dell system With Intel P4 2.8GHz, 256MB, 30GB and Internet explorer was working, but Outlook Express wasn’t, so I uninstalled TCP/IP, but how do I now reinstall it?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: After a virus in Windows 2000

by sgt_shultz ·

In reply to After a virus in Windows 2000

Here you go. Let us know how it goes with Outlook Express…
      login with at least local admin rights, then…
      ——–from Windows 2000 Help————
      To install TCP/IP

Open Network and Dial-up Connections.
      Right-click the network connection for which you want to install and enable TCP/IP, and then click Properties.
      On the General tab (for a local area connection) or the Networking tab (all other connections), if Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is not in the list of installed components, then do the following:
      Click Install.
      Click Protocol, and then click Add.
      In the Select Network Protocol dialog box, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
      Verify that the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is selected, and then click OK.
      Notes

To open Network and Dial-up Connections, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.
      You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure.
      TCP/IP is installed as the default network protocol if network adapter hardware was detected during Windows 2000 Setup. You only need to follow these instructions if the TCP/IP default selection was overridden during Setup.

Reply To: After a virus in Windows 2000

by computab ·

In reply to After a virus in Windows 2000

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread