General discussion

After a virus in Windows 2000

By computab ·
I removed the virus, on a Dell system With Intel P4 2.8GHz, 256MB, 30GB and Internet explorer was working, but Outlook Express wasn't, so I uninstalled TCP/IP, but how do I now reinstall it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to After a virus in Windows ...

Here you go. Let us know how it goes with Outlook Express...
login with at least local admin rights, then...
--------from Windows 2000 Help------------
To install TCP/IP

Open Network and Dial-up Connections.
Right-click the network connection for which you want to install and enable TCP/IP, and then click Properties.
On the General tab (for a local area connection) or the Networking tab (all other connections), if Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is not in the list of installed components, then do the following:
Click Install.
Click Protocol, and then click Add.
In the Select Network Protocol dialog box, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
Verify that the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is selected, and then click OK.
Notes

To open Network and Dial-up Connections, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure.
TCP/IP is installed as the default network protocol if network adapter hardware was detected during Windows 2000 Setup. You only need to follow these instructions if the TCP/IP default selection was overridden during Setup.

Collapse -

by computab In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by computab In reply to After a virus in Windows ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)