General discussion

AL732 acer monitor showing out of range

By ilyasbad_87 ·
I have a very large problem. I have downloaded the latest "Catalyst" for my radeon 9800 pro video card and restarted my computer to make catalyst run. After I did that, i was curios with the new "Catalyst" version 8.0 optimiser and I foolishly went to change resolution settings to the highest thinking that if the resolution would not work, it will invert to my earlier settings. A black screen popped up saying "out of range". I have tried going to safe mode and changing the resolution like many websites have suggested but it always fails to change the settings. In my acer monitor manual book it says that the monitor will protect itself and a warning message will appear on screen about monitor being out of range. It also mentions about "factory" utility in OSD menu, but "factory" never seems to show up in OSD. The only message I get is a small message in the bottom right corner saying "1024 by 768 200Hz out of range" and that is all. I am writing this message in safe mode as it seems to work. As i mentioned before, i tried changing settings in safe mode but the settings failed to activate on restarting and opening normal windows XP (windows xp opens, but screen is black with the message i told you about). I would greatly appreciate your help. Can I only change the settings if i can activate "Catalyst 8.0" utility? I can not use catalyst in safe mode. I read your answer to another person's question and you mentioned about installing inf for monitor. What does that mean? What are module numbers and how do i get them?

P.S: when i go to "monitor tab" through display properties options, my monitor settings screen refresh rate is set to default and can not be changed. I can not find video settings as well. Adapter shows all things to be unavalaible. Please help me.

Thank you,
Ilyas

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)