Question

Allied Telesis img616RF CATV/FO distribution

By jcasqueiro ·
Hi,

I am implementing a network of ~80 img616RF home gateways where I want to use the Fo/CATV transceiver to distribute a RF signal.

Does anyone know what type of splitters and RF/optical transmitters can be used at the head-end to inject the RF signal to the img616RF's ?

I couldn't find anywhere on the Allied site any documentation on compatible/certified equipment to work with the img616RF and I want to be sure that the central equipment I am going to buy will definitely work.

Thanks/Brgds
Joao

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

info available on the iMG616SRF datasheet

by alessandro73 In reply to Allied Telesis img616RF C ...

There isn't a list of compatible or certified equipment. But as CATV operates in the analogue domain compatibility is a matter of connectors and wavelength. Both are specified in the datasheet.
The difficult part is to obtain the right signal level and quality (CNR). So basically you do a calculation starting by defining the required signal level and CNR at the wall outlet of the subscriber.
The splitters in the home, the iMG, the optical splitters all affect the signal level and the CNR. When you sum up all the factors you will have the requirements for the optical transmitter.

In short: given the datasheet of the iMG616SRF+ the provider of the CATV network should know what equipment to use.

Important: The specifications in the datasheet of the iMG616SRF+ has proven to differ from performance of the actual iMGs. So the network should be designed with headroom for lower performing iMGs.
Note: In some installations it has been necessary to add an attenuator between the iMG and the wall outlet in order to increase the CNR and reduce signal level.

Regards
Alessandro

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)