General discussion

Antivirus for Win Server 2003 R2 Std Ed

By shaundyc ·
Hello Everybody!

Could you guys please tell me which is the best Antivirus for Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition?

Or what is the best protection for a server that will store files, an internet gateway?

Im afraid to connect this server to internet without first installing antivirus.

And also can anyone provide me a weblink as to what unnecessary services I can shutdown, and the right permissions I have to configure, etc?

Hoping for anyone's immediate response.

Many Thanks in Advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Antivirus for Win Server ...

I like Symantec, but it isn't the anri-virus alone you should be considering. What sort of firewall is between this server and the Internet?

Collapse -

by shaundyc In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by ZombieBot In reply to Antivirus for Win Server ...

I personally have recently become a big fan of Kaspersky - it seems to have very good detection rates and is very configurable. On the downside - it does some to be resource hungry and notably downgrades system performance, so be careful about when full scans are scheduled and exactly what you are telling it to scan. Kaspersky also has anti-spyware and anti-spam options depending on which version you buy.

A good sight to check fo unnecessary services is http://startuplist.geekstogo.com.

Collapse -

by shaundyc In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by shaundyc In reply to Antivirus for Win Server ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Security Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)