General discussion

any HP Pavillion 6830 pro's out there?

By AnswerMan ·
HP Pavilion 6830 hangs at "HP splash" screen. On restart, I have tried every key combination known to me. Anyone with HP experience out there, can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mikex In reply to any HP Pavillion 6830 pro ...

Looks like some of your hardware has died - do you have a warranty or you can open the pc case?

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by cglrcng In reply to any HP Pavillion 6830 pro ...

First thing is to restart the puter and attempt to get into CMOS settings so you can shut off or reduce that HP screen flash that is actually covering up the hardware loading messages.

The entry key can be DEL, F10, F11, F12, F2, F1 or F8...I would first check the HP site though getting around there isn't really that easy anymore...steady determination is the key. Once into CMOS setup settings look for quick start and disable it then save the new settings (usually F10), so you won't get that HP message covering what is really happening as the hardware loads, then post more info.

Also attempt to start the computer in Safe Mode by holding down the CTRL key during startup. Choose Safe Mode from the menu. Does it start OK in Safe Mode?

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to any HP Pavillion 6830 pro ...

Unplug all USB devices and try rebooting. After it gets past the BIOS you can plug in USB devices again

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to any HP Pavillion 6830 pro ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)