Question

Anyone know where to find connector pin maping for Dell 9150 IO board?

By Neon Samurai ·
I have a Dell Dimension 9150 with a damaged F8913 IO controller board. The replacement board is on order but not due in for two weeks. Swapping the hard drive to a secondary chassis is not an option since Windows will have a fit over all the driver's it will have to change. Leaving the machine off for two weeks while the part comes in is also not an option due to business needs.

This board appears to split power from the UPS out too the various motherboard components including the hard drive controller. Why some Dell engineer thought it was a good idea to stick this board between the motherboard PSU connection and onboard drive controller; I'll never know. The up-side is that the IO board can be bypassed without damaging the drive controller provided one knows which pins on the connector need to be shorted.

The questions is, where might one find a schematic or mapping of the pins in that IO board's connector? Dave's Hardware has nothing, Google returns three pages for retailers with the replacement part but no information about it.

Has anyone information on the pin outs or links to any websites and forums that may have such information?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I think I have it mapped.

by zachariah.garner In reply to Anyone know where to find ...

I have mapped most of the pin out. I hope this helps.
1 PORT2R
3 PROT2L
5 PORT1R
6 SENSE_SEND
7 PORT1L
8 SENSE1_RET
12 GND
14 GND
17 HD LED +
22 PWR LED +
24 LAN LED +
26 PWR LED -