Question

Application publishing - windows Server 2000

By exs2 ·
Greetings! I would like to post my question here and I would really appreciate it if I could have a long answer to that as of the "how-to" steps I need to take in order to complete my project successfully and without problems.
I am a System and Network Admninistrator in an industry. We use a LAN ethernet and our clients' operating systems are either windows 2000 professional or XP professional our server is Windows Server 2000.
We decided that we would like all clients to have Microsoft Windows Office 2000 edition although we used openoffice until this day. In the past, every application installs were done using every client seperatelly.
Now I would like to install and "publish" my programs (i.e. Office 2000) through the server, meaning using the server to install MS office 2000 directly to all the clients currently on the Network but I dont want to use a 3rd party program to do so. I want to learn and master this drill through windows server 2000. Would you mind helping me out as of what to do, the precautions i need to take and the network requirements i need in order to succed.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)