General discussion

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

By greeves ·
For the longest time my backups were working but for whatever reason overtime one server after another was dropped and not being back-up any longer.
The error message I receive is:
E8531 Request denied by the client agent.

I updated the agent to the latest version and still nothing has changed. CAI Tech Support said it is a Network problem. Saying that not packages are going across. I tried everything I can think of. Even got a Tech out and so far no luck. HELP!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

by dmuch In reply to ARCserverIT Version 6.61

Have you checked the jobs for passwords? What I mean is, are you using a Domain Admin account for the backup jobs? Maybe you just need to modify the job and re-enter the passwords.

Collapse -

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

by greeves In reply to ARCserverIT Version 6.61

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

by Smurfman In reply to ARCserverIT Version 6.61

Okay, here is some things I might try and prob. they are things that you have tried?. First, have you applied SP2 to ArcServeIT 6.61? Additionally, I was told by a tech, that the SP2 would have to be applied to clients, also, but was unable to seehow that worked, but at anyrate...I would uninstall the client agent from the machines you are backing up, and then reinstall the client agent. Then under the JobStatus icon in AcrServe I would right click on the jobs that are failing, and modify the job. Look through the source listing for the servers you want, and then browse out to then, forcing ArcServe to verify the security of the account used to do the backup, we us an administrator account with full rights, to do our backups. If you are promted for a password, then put one in, and make sure you can see the server / client. Now go into the job settings, I think it is the icon on the right of the stop light (run). Now verify that the settings have not changed, and then resubmit / repack the job. Are any of the backups working? Are all of the clients missing? Try readding the clients, it seems the DB might have lost some of the information about your network. Make sure the ArcServe Server who is running the jobs can see all the clients, perhaps pinging them, it sounds simple, but worth a try. What else has changed on the network?

Hope this helps.
Smurfman

Collapse -

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

ARCserverIT Version 6.61

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)