General discussion

Armada E500 Startup & Outlook Error

By Tora ·
I recently (two weeks approx)an Armada E500 notebook with Win98 OS and am currently have problems with the startup being into Win98 being slow. I have connected the notebook onto our NT domain with an IBM PCMCIA card, which was loaded win win95 drivers. Also as Office was pre-installed, I cannot run Outlook97 asa it comes with an error: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A required component is missing OM19.DLL.
Please install Microsoft Outlook again.?

I would appreciate some assistance..thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by NVPaladin In reply to Armada E500 Startup & Out ...

Go to START...RUN...and type MSCONFIG and select only what you want or need to start at boot-up. Do you have Win98 CD? I would reinstall and make sure you have the newest drivers for PCMCIA. Hope some of this helps

Collapse -

by Tora In reply to Armada E500 Startup & Out ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by BV2 In reply to Armada E500 Startup & Out ...

http://dll.yaroslavl.ru/index.php3?in_char=O is a url that contains omi9.dll. As to where it goes, I have no idea - perhaps windows\system. I looked for it on my computer (Armada E500 with Win9 but I can't find the file on my HDD. It must be a first run kinda thing that goes away or is dynamically extracted. Good luck - Also, my startup is slow, too - it might just be an E500 thing. Believe it or not, the network admin has dual boot NT and WIn98 and his NT boots twice as fast as 98 - Go figure

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)