General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

AS/400 Report Interface for Intranet

by tallison ·

I am looking for a software package or some advice in how to link reports that reside in the output spool on our AS/400 mainframe to a database or file that can be displayed on our internal web-server. We use Interdev 6.0 for our ASP development. Our goal is to have the web-page display the reports realtime as they are generated on the AS/400. Is there a package that can do this, or has anyone had experience in something along these lines?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by sjsjr ·

In reply to AS/400 Report Interface for Intranet

I have been tasked to try to find a way to do something similar. There seems to be lots of ways to produce .pdf output files for inter/intra-nets. However, so far, I believe I found something better that may work. I am still waiting for the evaluation package. The product is called “Report.Web”. Check the company website http://www.asg.com to get more information under the products section. I believe it may work for my company and it might possibly work for yours as well.
      -Sal.

by mary.c.milliron ·

I see by the date of your question that you might have an answer by now. If not, you should look into Robot/Reports from help/Systems(www.helpsystems.com). It will take spooled output and create either PDF or HTML files. It can also Email the output. We’ve been using it for some time.

by tallison ·

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Viewing 2 reply threads