My LS-120 SuperDisk is recognized as 3? Floppy (B:)Can I change or re-assign the drive letter to A:?
WindowsXP Professional is the installed O/S
which has assigned drive letter B: to the Floppy
Disk. It would seem to me that the LS-120
SuperDiskbeing the only Floppy Disk device
currently installed in this system would be
assigned letter A:? Problems occur in certain
software I use which automatically assumes
A: as the letter assignment for the Floppy Disk.
This problem has proved to be only a minor
annoyance that I currently work around by
using one of several other PC?s I have access
to, many of which I personally built or service.
I have searched a long time for information on
this and made several attempts to resolve it
myself without success. The first one to
provide me with an acceptable answer as to
whether I can or cannot change the letter
assignment will get the points. I have a SOYO
SY-K7V Dragon Plus motherboard with the
LS-120 as primary slave cabled along with a
WD 20GB HDD upon which the O/S is installed.
As not to waste our time here, I have already
attempted many of the basic & obvious solutions
some computer techs might try. Help!