Question

asus 5670 grapic card won't work on my pc

By jwilki ·
i've upgraded from ati 4770 grapics card,to asus(ati)5670after 30 seconds on windows i get blue screen,and msg'stop:0x00000075,any ideas,brand new corsair tx650 psu was ok with old card.motherboard:775-via pt880pro/ultra-winxp-

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

did you

by Charvell In reply to asus 5670 grapic card won ...

uninstall the 4770 drivers before isntalling the 5670 drivers? Were both cards ASUS cards?

Try booting into VGA mode, do you get a blue screen?

Collapse -

5670g-card

by jwilki In reply to did you

i uninstalled all 4770 related stuff,and did a driver clean,4770 512mb is a radeon saffire4770.new card is a asus EAH5670 1GIG.i'm sure i was in vga mode when i tried to load new drivers,will this be compatible with my mobo:ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2-chipset via pt880pro/ultra

Collapse -

First things first

by OH Smeg In reply to asus 5670 grapic card won ...

Set your Display adapter to VGA so as you can work within Windows and trouble shoot the error.

You'll also need to give us the full error message so we can find out what the system is attempting to tell you here.

But in the mean time try the Diagnostics mentioned here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

You also may need to use a different Driver for this Video Card because your M'Board may not like the one that you are currently using. Try the 8.69 driver if you are using the 8.703 Driver and if you are using the 8.69 try the 8.703 driver.

However depending on how much System T+RAM you have installed you may be hitting a issue with the Upper Limit of RAM that a 32 Bit OS can Map/Use as Video RAM is included with System RAM calculating the 3.25 GIG Upper Limit that all 32 Bit OS's can Map.

Though to check this one out I would suggest a live Linux to boot from and see if the system still falls over. If it doesn't then you have an issue with the OS that is installed here which may be a Resource Conflict or something as nasty as a Software Conflict.

You can get a Live Linux from your Local Newsagent as a Cover Disc on a Linux Mag or download one from here for free.

http://www.livecdlist.com/

Col

Collapse -

asus5670

by jwilki In reply to First things first

i've just down loaded a vga support list of graphic cards from asrock web site,,my mother board is a asrock-4coredual-sata2.these cards are on the list:ati radeon hd4870-radeonhd4830-radeonhd3870-radeonhd2900xt-these are the top 4 ati cards.my 4770 and 5670,are not on the list.so does this mean mine are not compatible ,and thats why i've got the problems...thanks jw

Collapse -

Compatibility

by Charvell In reply to asus5670

I never put much stock in those specific lists, because the only thing that really should affect compatibility for graphics is what slots you have on your mobo. I looked up the specs on your mobo and it has 1 AGP 8X and 1 PCI-E x4 slot, which is the earlies incarnation of PCI-E. The 4770 is a PCI-E 2.0 card and the 5670 is a PCI-E 2.1 card. Both technologies are supposed to be backwards compatible, so I would put incompatibility at that hardware level on the back burner. Try the steps Col suggested and let us know what happens.

Collapse -

asus 5670

i'm running with this card now,but in vga mode .the error msg'was:stop:0x0000007f

Collapse -

asus5670

as i said i'm running with it now but in vgamode,what trouble shooting can i now do?i'm not sure about the ram thing,quite new to this,but i don't mind trying things and learning.do i use linux as the OS,and load asus drivers,

Collapse -

Driver issue

by Charvell In reply to asus5670

If you are connected to the card and running in VGA mode, then your issue is a driver issue. If it was a hardware issue, you wouldn't be able to run properly in VGA mode.

When you installed the driver for the 5670 did you just install from the disk that came with it or did your download and install the latest driver from ASUS's website?

Collapse -

asus 5670

by jwilki In reply to Driver issue

i was trying to download off the disc,when i got back on pc with my old card in pc ,i could see the drivers were there for the asus,is there any where i can down load the exact drivers now ,while i'm in vga mode ,and system is clean of drivers.

Collapse -

asus5670

by jwilki In reply to Driver issue

with asus5670 running,in vga mode,i downloaded asus drivers 8.69-----ver03.00.0758 from asus official site,booted up,and it failed again.i've saved another driver,called redwood,after the color of 5670 card,have not tried it yet.why are these drivers failing,could i use the drivers off my 4770,which actually work.even tho' i get artifacts when running games

Back to Windows Forum
17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next