General discussion

ASUS A7A266 Problem

By matullol ·
I just built a computer for a client consisting of an Asus a7a266, amd 1.4 athalon, plextor 16xcdr,toshiba dvd, two seagate 40gig baracuda drives, creative soundblaster platinum,1 mushkin 512meg ddr chip, floppy, 350w power supply, quality fan and heatsink (using artic silver grease), and this thing will not get past the bios boot up page. Ive swapped everything in the machine except the floppy (tried without it), nothing. Im at my witts end. Anyone else having similar problems? Im using jumper free mode and I am aware of the DDR jumper that "may help compatibility" if moved. Im not coming up with any new ideas except giving it back to the owner... Thanks in advance. Frank

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

ASUS A7A266 Problem

by Seeker2000 In reply to ASUS A7A266 Problem

This may help, the old and best way of building or trouble shooting was to load one piece at a time. Try unhooking everything except for your hdd(1) and the vid card and if you have a PCI vid card set it up with this if you have no luck with the agpcard.
Also on my motherboard which is not an Asus, the DDR memory rather than going in slot one is loaded the opposite. You put the mem in slot 3, I had to call to learn this as it was not in the manual.

Good luck and let me know what u find Frank.

Collapse -

ASUS A7A266 Problem

by matullol In reply to ASUS A7A266 Problem

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

ASUS A7A266 Problem

by ufc In reply to ASUS A7A266 Problem

I agree with the above answer. Install one device at a time. I have built many a computer and ASUS being my preferred Mobo, I have had numerous times where the one-device at a time method has become the only method. Another step might be to set it to manual jumper setting, try booting, the revert abck to jumperless. This has been the case for my personal A7V133. Good luck.

Collapse -

ASUS A7A266 Problem

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

ASUS A7A266 Problem

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)