Question

• Creator
    Topic

Asus B550-A gaming compatibility with Lian Li 011 Dynamic?

by esarasano ·

Tags: 

The B550-A gaming is a beautiful mobo, and everything seems to check out with its compatibility with the 011 dynamic, but when I add the mobo to my pc part picker list, I get a few error notes.

1) “Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case has a front-panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.” I asked around and this supposedly means the mobo doesn’t have a USB header that will work with the case’s type C port? But the description on the mobo website says it does?

2) “The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.” I honestly don’t know what this means.

If someone could explain these to me, it would be wonderful. And, if the Mobo really doesn’t work, it would also be great if someone could recommend me another Mobo (for 5900x and 3080, preferably white.)

Would be extremely grateful if somebody helped me. Thanks!

You are posting a reply to: Asus B550-A gaming compatibility with Lian Li 011 Dynamic?

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our Community FAQs for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

I’ve yet to find compatibility to be an issue with cases.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to Asus B550-A gaming compatibility with Lian Li 011 Dynamic?

If there is an issue we bring out a sheet metal nibbler or maybe to the shop to cut, bent, drill the metal as required.

But I can’t be sure of your question since then you go into how boards (most boards!) share bandwidth. That’s not a compatibility issue at all so I’ll wait for you to clarify what issue you are having.

To clarify:

by esarasano ·

In reply to I’ve yet to find compatibility to be an issue with cases.

Thank you for clarifying the compatibility issue! now I at least know it works with the case. My main problem is that I’m not sure if I should use this motherboard or another one because of the notes pc part picker gave me. My worry is that I might have trouble building this if there are some things that are missing (ex. the missing USB header.) Would this be a bad motherboard for that reason? And would there be a better one I could use?

There are so many ways to deal with a missing header.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to To clarify:

That I won’t write that’s a bad thing. If the case doesn’t have some USB port to wire up with put them on a slot mounting plate. Example:
          [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71ZCHiyQtSL._AC_SX679_.jpg[/img]

It’s nearly impossible for case and motherboard makers to get exactly what all boards have without costing double. As I wrote above, a little trip to the metal shop or ordering a bit or thing is normal to me.

I understand now!

by esarasano ·

In reply to There are so many ways to deal with a missing header.

Thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads