Question

Asus S550 CB laptop issues

By kavesh72 ·
Hi all.

I have this Asus i7 laptop that is 4 years old. It originally came with windows 8.1 preinstalled. We upgraded to windows 10 home when the upgrade became available. Over the years the laptop has become very slow and cannot point out when exactly this began to happen as it was my wifes laptop which is now mine since the beginning of 2018.
Because it has been running slow I added an SSD drive and initially this made it a little faster but still not what it should be. However, this also began to get slower and slower. I am not running lots of programs, just office 365 and draftworx accouting package and Bitdefender antivrus.
Asus website says they recommend Windows 10 pro. But their tech support says that is a general advert line on their website.
I had some IT guys look at the laptop and they say that only 1 processor is running and when they tried to update the drivers for the other processors the update failed. They are suggesting I upgrade to windows 10 pro.
I am conflicted as Asus tech says that my laptop is not compatible with windows 10 while the IT guys says upgrade as that is what the ASUS website is suggesting.
Please assist with any advice on this matter. It is very frustrating.
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Laptops Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)