Question

Austrumi 1.8.5

By chonert ·
I'm trying to use Austrumi 1.8.5 to reset the XP Pro Admin password and the all instructions I've read state to type "nt_pass" at the boot prompt, but there isn't a boot prompt, there's a menu option, then it goes to the GUI. So where/how can I use the image to reset the admin password?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

hhmmm

by shasca In reply to Austrumi 1.8.5

You wouldn't be asking for help resetting a password here now would you. I am very disappointed , and saddened. I'm going to have to leave now. I just can no longer live with myself as a result of this... GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD_ .

Collapse -

Austrumi 1.8.5

by chonert In reply to hhmmm

Okay, that last post was just too weird. If anyone could help me with the problem I'm having, it would be greatly appreciated.

Collapse -

Right. This may work better for you.

by seanferd In reply to Austrumi 1.8.5

We, the members of TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals, will not assist anyone in the recovery/removal of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover/remove a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we, the members of TechRepublic, will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery/removal issues should be taken up with Microsoft's technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery/removal issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, hard drive password recovery/removal should be taken up with the manufacturer of the hard drive, etc...

To those viewing this post: Please DO NOT respond any further to this thread.

This template has been released under the GNU public license and you are encouraged to use it as a standard reply for questions of similar nature, provided that you make any modifications available to other users.

Collapse -

Thank you

by chonert In reply to Right. This may work bett ...

Thank you for replying in an insightful manner. I understand completely and will no longer post questions of this nature. Even though my motives are completely harmless for my specific problem at hand, I can see why there's no real way for anyone to know for sure.

Collapse -

No problem.

by seanferd In reply to Thank you

It is refreshing to find someone that understands the position the community has taken. We do understand that many people looking for help with this sort of thing do have perfectly legitimate reasons.

If you were somewhat befuddled by the first response to your post, you should see the some responses given to those who outright ask to crack/break passwords, or defeat their employer's network security measures. It's a riot. Many have taken to answering with utter nonsense, especially when there are multiple current threads on the subject where people were told, "No." It's like some of these people just don't get it anyway, so the thread ends up being a playground for whatever might be amusing at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post back. Cheers. :)

Collapse -

ssshhh!!

by Jaqui In reply to No problem.

don't even hint that scummy's answers for things like password cracking will kill the person attempting them. ]:)

Collapse -

shLOL

by seanferd In reply to ssshhh!!

If he doesn't outright tell those wankers to off themselves. :^0

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)