Question

Auto complete on Outlook 2003

By ecrwn ·
Where can I go to edit the list of email addresses that appears in Oulook 2003 when one types in the first letter of the individual in the To: field?
When an employee left the company, I renamed her account with a new name. However, now when someone wants to send the new person an email, the autocomplete name that comes up is Newname<oldname>@domain. It happens on all workstations, so it must be something in the Exchange server (Exchange 2000) but I can't find it.
I've checked in Active Directory's User, the Exchange general, E-mail addresses, Exchanged Advanced, etc. features and can't find where the oldname is listed.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It's not on the server.....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Auto complete on Outlook ...

Each person can delete the errant entry by pressing the delete button when it's highlighted (not selected, just highlighted). Just start to type the name you want to get rid of and, as it finds the one you don't want in there, press the delete button.

The auto-complete list is stored in the <profilename>.NK2 file under the hidden folder at c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook .... this is one of the files you can delete (or rename temporarily to get it out of the way) and Outlook will recreate it fresh next time you start the program. Of course, if you do this, the auto-complete list will be gone and they'll need to start over creating it. It's created as you select someone from the TO list or type an email address in by hand.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)