General discussion

Auto name check in Outlook2000

By rteo30 ·
Exchange 5.5 sp3 and Outlook2k. Sending email by typing the person name and press the Tab key, the name should be underlined ( auto name check). There are 200 hundred users are fine except one user, it gets the green dotted line. When I highlight the name and right mouse click, I found there were two names alike. ( i.e. Rob Latino ; Rob Latinos )

Does anyone know the solution or suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SyscoKid In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

That's the way it's supposed to work. You've got two names in your address book: Rob Latino and Rob Latinos. You're typing one (or the other). Because you've got both in your address book (or Contacts, or GAL), Outlook doesn't know which you mean, so you get the green line. If one is wrong (i.e., a typo) delete it from your address book and the "problem" will go away.

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

I think in the user mailbox - Advance tab Directory Name and the Genneral Tab - Alias name somehow caused the problem. Because one of the user Directory Name and the Alias name are different.

Collapse -

by dennis_herr_jr In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

You can also hit Ctrl k after you type the name and it will try to resolve the name. If it can't (as in your situation) it will pull up a list of 'close' names and you can pick one.

Collapse -

by rteo30 In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by kdrungilas In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

I agree with ASyscoKid, but I would also check the user's options for which address book it is using to resove names.

I'd bet the affected user has their Personal Address book set to resolve names first rather than the general default of the other users which would be the Global Address Book. You can check this setting from the user's mailbox by Tools, Services, Addressing and moving the Global Address List up to the primary/first position.

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by rteo30 In reply to Auto name check in Outloo ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)