We recently updated our
Terms and Conditions for TechRepublic Premium.
By clicking continue, you agree to these updated terms.
Invalid email/username and password combination supplied.
An email has been sent to you with instructions on how to reset your password.
Welcome to TechRepublic!
Username must be unique. Password must be a minimum of 6 characters and have any 3 of the 4 items: a number (0 through 9), a special character (such as !, $, #, %), an uppercase character (A through Z) or a lowercase (a through z) character (no spaces).
NAV Auto-Protect and Live-Update are already set up. Here?s how to set up Speed Disk from the Symantec site:
How to schedule Speed Disk
1. Click Start, point to Programs, then point to Accessories, then point to System Tools and click Scheduled Tasks.
2. Double-click Add Scheduled Task. The Scheduled Task Wizard appears.
3. Click the Next button.
4. You will be prompted to choose the program that you want to run. In the list of programs you should see Speed Disk. Choose Speed Disk.
Note: If you need to browse for the program, the file name is Sdntc.exe and is usually located in C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities or C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities.
5. After you have chosen Speed Disk, click the Next button.
6. Choose a name for the task and how often you want to perform the task. Click Next.
7. Depending on when you chose to run Speed Disk, you may see a screen asking for more specific scheduling information. After choosing all of the appropriate scheduling options, click Next.
8. You will see a dialog with the text: “You have successfully scheduled the following task” followed by the name of your task. Check the box titled “Open advanced properties for this task when I click finish.”
9. Click Finish.
10. In the Run box, immediately after Sdntc.exe, add a space followed by:
Then click OK.
Note: If you wish to optimize a drive other than C replace the C in the example above with the drive letter that you wish to optimize.
The part that does not start speed disk is when it needs an answer to start speed disk, do you know what that would be? I would also like to know how to auto start win doctor. Would it be the same as with speed disk?