General discussion

Automatically CC or BCC in Outlook 2003

By SMassey ·
How do I get outlook to automatically put an email address in the CC or BCC field every time a user clicks on New Message. I want this to be the default behaviour for new messages. One of the staff members would like all emails to be CC'd to an assistant and they do not want to manually enter the name in the CC field every time they create a new email. However, they would like the option to remove the name for times when they are sending personal email.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ippirate In reply to Automatically CC or BCC i ...

Tools>Rules and Alerts>

:New Rule, Start with Blank Rule

:Check Message after Sending>Next

:Through the specified account(Enter senders account)>Next

:Cc the message to people or distribution list(enter address of assistant)>Next

:Any exceptions(you may want to select Except if sent to people or distribution list(enter assistants name here so that they don't get two copies of the same message)>Next

:Finish setup, Name rule>Finish

If they want to remove the rule when sending personal email there is one of two choices. First, they can disable the rule before creating/sending the email or, you can try setting up another occurrence of their account, name it something different and then show them how to switch between the two accounts.

Hope it helps

Collapse -

by SMassey In reply to

Too easy to forget to turn the rule off. The staff member needs to see the assistants name in the cc box, so that they can remove it before sending the message.

Collapse -

Bcc

by srinathchintu In reply to

Hi
i want to send an auto bcc mail
can u share the rule pls

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)