General discussion

automating windows 2000 set up

By tommyle_boston ·
>I have a small network with a Win 2000 Server and user, I would like to know "Is it
the possible I can the process of automating setup in volves creating a script file ?
because I don't wanna to installing Windows 2000 on each computer.Even after Windows 2000 has installed, I still have to configure options such as network settings and desktop options. However, there's a way to do all of this automatically, which lets I start the installation process on several new computers, go do something else, and have the process completed by the time I come back. This automatic process is even cooler if I think about how many hours the process would take to perform the old-fashioned way.However I really thanks your help me about automating windown 98 setup!great I so happy about your techpublic !!
thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

automating windows 2000 set up

by mdsnitc In reply to automating windows 2000 s ...

There are 2 general options for automating a Windows 2000 installation. The "scripted" approach and the "imaged" approach. The scripted approach generally takes longer, is limited in the customizations you can do however works on a much broader hardware base. The imaged approach generally is only used with similar hardware but can be highly customized (settings, apps, etc). The Windows 2000 Resource Kit includes tools to assist in either approach. "Setup Manager" will assist you in creating answer files for either approach. "Sysprep" is the tool used when imaging.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)