General discussion

Locked

Average Protection Rate of a Password

By Hibou ·
I am familiar with the password length formulae
M =(log S) / (log N) where S = (L*R) / P but has anybody read about "average" password protection rate for your average PC in an average environment. I have a note from a conference that 75 percent all passwords are good enough protection for what they are protecting if they are strongly constructed. The idea is to increase the ROI on authentication spending by focusing on the other 25 percent.
Can anyone help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by wlbowers In reply to Average Protection Rate o ...

The most common problem with passwords is when people use their address, wifes name, dogs name, God, ect.

Require a minimum of 6 characters in alpha numeric format.

Do not allow reuse of previous 4 passwords.

Good Luck Lee

Back to Security Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums